Southdale Education Fund
The Southdale Education Fund seeks to alleviate the financial burdens of pursuing post-secondary education while living in poverty.
What We Do
Each year, the Southdale Education Fund will distribute, at minimum, a $1000 bursary to a deserving student. The bursary will be awarded to a student from a single-parent family, facing financial challenges and living in the Westminster community of London, Ontario.
The bursary is intended to support students in whatever way that they need – whether it be tuition, textbooks, food, or bills.
Want to know what makes the Southdale Education Fund so unique?
How You Can Help
Become an Individual Donor
The Southdale Education Fund is not about one person with one cheque. It is about a community of people coming together to make a difference. Every little bit helps.
Become a Corporate Donor
The Southdale Education Fund provides an opportunity for corporate teams to make a big impact for a grassroots initiative. All donations go directly to the education fund.
Become a Southdale Ambassador
This is more than volunteering. This is about being part of a movement to shift perspective, build empathy and impact the future of young people right here in London, ON.
What People Say
“I want people to realize the impact it can have in everyone’s lives if we all come together and share our resources with those who are at a disadvantage. I want younger generations to have better opportunities for proper education, housing, and living conditions overall”Tania Polanco
“I believe that no matter our social status, we all deserve the right to an equal education to pursue our dreams. Sometimes we don’t choose the hand that we’re dealt in life and if I can help alleviate even the smallest bit of financial stress that a young student is feeling, you best believe I will!”Cassondra Molloy
Updates, Events & More!
- The SEF 50We are looking for 50 companies in our local community that are willing to make a one time donation of $500.00 to the Southdale Education Fund to make a difference in the lives of London youth
- Virtual Cooking WorkshopJoin us for a virtual evening in the kitchen! The Southdale Education Fund will be joined by Marlene Cornelis, recipe developer and writer behind the food blog Urban Cottage Life | Modern Scratch Living, for an easy and affordable cooking demonstration!
- For the Love of ReadingBeginning Friday June 19th, each week, members of the Southdale Education Fund volunteer team will be posting an audio recording of one chapter of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- #GivingTuesdayNowFor high school students planning to attend College or University, the economic disruption caused by COVID-19 carries real fear for what the future may hold, especially for those already living below the poverty line…
- A Fresh New LookWhen we first launched the Southdale Education Fund it was early morning on January 22, 2020. I was adamant about launching on my 30th birthday. There was so much excitement and I was in a bit of a rush to let the community know what we had in store. At the time, the message was far more important than the look. We had no website, no branding, no logo…
- $1000 Awarded Spring 2020!To all of our amazing donors and supporters we wanted to provide you with an update on the Southdale Education Fund. We are very excited to share that thanks to your generous contributions, we are able to provide a $1000 bursary to a graduating student from…
Become a Volunteer Ambassador
The success of the Southdale Education Fund depends on the support of our community. If you are passionate about social change, equal access to education and have time, energy or skills to contribute, we would love to hear from you!